Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPadOS 16 Big Problem with Audio Apps (Solved)

tc5tc5
edited July 2023 in General App Discussion

Greetings all, new here. I am looking for help on an issue with audio apps on a new iPad (9th gen) running OS16.6. All apps that have on screen keyboards (Moog Model D, Synth One, Digital D1, etc. etc.) are malfunctioning badly. They are all acting like messed up mono keyboards. On the screen keyboard I can play two notes together, but playing one key then another while holding the first key, the second key acts like a sustain pedal and then no further keys respond... Other erratic behaviour like extreme lag is also happening. Anyone have any idea what might be the cause of this issue?

Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited July 2023

Obligatory first question: Have you tried restarting the iPad by powering it off and then back on?

• @wim said:
    Obligatory first question: Have you tried restarting the iPad by powering it off and then back on?

Yes I done that. I also updated all apps that could be updated and restarted the iPad. The Audiobus version I had running (on the older iPad running OS 15 I migrated from) didn't seem compatible with OS 16 so I delete it on the new iPad. What's baffling is that all the audio apps with onscreen keyboards are acting the same. Not sure it there might be a new interface function in OS 16 that prevents more than two finger actions or something? Interestingly, I have another iPad that I updated from OS 15 to 16 where the apps do not have that problem. Perhaps the problem might have been caused in a corruption during migration from the other machine maybe? I searched online for other cases like this and found none.

• Maybe check Settings > General > Gestures and try turning off the multitasking gestures.

• @wim said:
    Maybe check Settings > General > Gestures and try turning off the multitasking gestures.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it. I tried it and it doesn't seems to have an effect. I'm looking to rule out that it may be a hardware defect. Not sure how to zero in on the cause.

• I found the solution! Touch accommodation was turned on. I turned it off and it fixed the problem. Have no idea why that was a problem because touch accommodation is on on my older iPad and is not causing problems.

• Please change the thread title now that it’s ‘fixed’ on your part.

• What happens if you turn it back on ?

• @tc5: please edit the thread title to indicate that it is solved.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @tc5: please edit the thread title to indicate that it is solved.

I looks like @tc5 is new so may not be aware that it’s possible to edit thread titles.

• @Samu said:
    Please change the thread title now that it’s ‘fixed’ on your part.

@espiegel123 said:

@knewspeak said:

@espiegel123 said:

I looks like @tc5 is new so may not be aware that it’s possible to edit thread titles.

Thread title updated. Thanks all for the help.