Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As Stars Go Out One By One

This is based on the last paragraph of The Nine Billion Names Of God, by Arthur C. Clarke.

Everything is from MIDI generated in Piano Motifs by @azul3D_Apps, cut up, edited, and arranged in Cubasis. The mix is a bit dense, but after trying to “fix” it, I went back to the original. It is what it is.

Comments

• It certainly has a movie soundtrack sound.

I was wondering how you were going to end it…

…and the ending was perfect for the subject matter.

Good job!

• @Johne1 said:
    It certainly has a movie soundtrack sound.

I was wondering how you were going to end it…

…and the ending was perfect for the subject matter.

Good job!

That was a really great short story, wasn’t it? I read it over forty years ago in college and the sudden end, and the way Clarke downplayed it was just brilliant. I am very happy to have done it justice. Thank you for your comment.

• This one segues nicely with @Svetlovska's earlier creation based on the same story.

• Nice one @Paulieworld. I like the title, need to read the short story.

• @pbelgium said:
    This one segues nicely with @Svetlovska's earlier creation based on the same story.

I must have listened and stored it way back in my subconscious unitl it found it's way out as I created this. So, thank you @Svetlovska. I think @barabajagal also did an excellent version. It is a great story and worthy of many interpretations. I hadn't read it or thought about it decades. It was in a book called "Science Fiction Hall of Fame" that included works by Asimov, Heinlein, Clarke, and several of the other usual suspects. Thanks for listening!

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    Nice one @Paulieworld. I like the title, need to read the short story.

I think you would enjoy it, even though you know how it ends!

I am still loving Piano Motifs. Whenever I need an idea, I can always turn to PM. It never disappoints. Thanks for listening!

• edited July 2023

I like it, but the drone (kind of a tonal that starts at the beginning and goes throughout) seems too loud to me. I was thinking as I listened maybe the level should come down a bit and add more washy reverb? But just my opinion. Good piece and keep making more!