Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

pUnKGeN:Thrash/Punk Metal Groovebox

anybody use this or see any video links? how does it sound/work? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/punkgen-thrash-riff-sequencer/id1644880917

Comments

• @eross said:
    anybody use this or see any video links? how does it sound/work? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/punkgen-thrash-riff-sequencer/id1644880917

Holy crap, how long has this been around?? I can’t believe I don’t have it.

• @AlexY said:

@eross said:

Can you please give impressions once you get it? Maybe add them to this thread, I'm kind of holy crap also about this...

• Love Robs apps! Definitely gonna be getting this. Looks like Ableton link only? His other apps are all IAA, but I don’t see that option in the description. But for an app like this, being able to export the loops is fine enough.

Seems like it’s going for what Riffler is going for but will still probably buy to support the dev. Also have the extra bass and synth track and a more versatile drum section is cool. Basically makes it an entire song generator. And GOTH?? That’s great.

• @GUB said:

@AlexY said:

@eross said:

Can you please give impressions once you get it? Maybe add them to this thread, I'm kind of holy crap also about this...

Probably gonna buy and try it later this evening. I have all his other apps and they’re really great. UI is a bit off and takes some getting used to but overall they’re super fun. I’ll report back later with my thoughts.

• Holy moly.

• GUBGUB
    edited July 2023

I just bought it. I’ll try it out ASAP.. I want to support the guy. Plus, if it at least makes a nod towards punk or thrash or whatever, I’ll support the dev. I’m a little wary of how punk rue app/dev is based on the illustration, that’s pretty metal if you ask me. But we’ll see. Genres are nonsense anyway.

*I see that my voice to text efforts are generating weird sentence breaks and strange punctuation again. I come back not to correct those, but just to point out I’m not a literate.

• @GUB said:
    I just bought it. I’ll try it out ASAP.. I want to support the guy. Plus, if it at least makes a nod towards punk or thrash or whatever, I’ll support the dev. I’m a little wary of how punk rue app/dev is based on the illustration, that’s pretty metal if you ask me. But we’ll see. Genres are nonsense anyway.

Would love to hear your thoughts on it! I’m about to get it myself. I have his other apps and they’re super fun. Pretty responsive dev too.

• @HotStrange said:

@GUB said:

Would love to hear your thoughts on it! I’m about to get it myself. I have his other apps and they’re super fun. Pretty responsive dev too.

I have a couple of his other apps. Different drummer which I still have to figure out but I really want to just every time I open it. My heart sinks a little. I guess. I also bought a Groovebox from dev very recently and forgot about that. I’m gonna try and dig in a little bit and report back if I have anything worthwhile to say…

• @GUB said:

@HotStrange said:

@GUB said:

I have a couple of his other apps. Different drummer which I still have to figure out but I really want to just every time I open it. My heart sinks a little. I guess. I also bought a Groovebox from dev very recently and forgot about that. I’m gonna try and dig in a little bit and report back if I have anything worthwhile to say…

I think different drummer is a different dev no? Or it’s the same dev but released under a different account?

The grooveboxes he made are sweet. I just wish the UI was a bit more immediate and focused.

• @GUB said:

@HotStrange said:

@GUB said:

@HotStrange said:

@GUB said:

@HotStrange said:

@GUB said:

@HotStrange said:

@GUB said:

I think different drummer is a different dev no? Or it’s the same dev but released under a different account?

The grooveboxes he made are sweet. I just wish the UI was a bit more immediate and focused.

By gum, you're right about them being diffferent developers. I think similarities in icon styles and similar lack of polish/clarity in the interfaces fooled me. As for the app in question, I'm playing around with punkGen, and there are clues that it was originally called (or has a related project called) "Metallicatron." It does indeed generate patterns and sounds closer to a kind of mid-tempo to chugging gothic metal than punk rock... Still checking it out and having fun, that's all for now