Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:
    @stormbeats. I don’t know what you’re talking about honestly because there isn’t one shot currently. You load a sample and it plays as long as you hold down if looped or until it’s done while you hold down. If you turn on the envelope you can add a release or whatever but there is no way to hit the key and have it play through one shot. Edit: never mind I got it. Yeah the factory samples like kick drums, etc do play one shot without amp env on. Guess I never noticed

@db909 yeh i guess you never noticed.And the none conistent velocity volume level prob I have is when the "release" in AMP EG is ON - experiment you may just notice - know what i'am talking about geeza

Hmm. A curious case indeed

@db909 yep as GR progess after we all like it we will want to export to other DAW's to get a full mix which jim has provided us the option - in a proper mixdown production those velocity mis matches will be easily heard when compression/limiting etc is added

I’m looking to get into some straight up IMPROPER, down right NASTY mixdowns and production all within the app. But I do hear ya.

• @db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:
    @stormbeats. I don’t know what you’re talking about honestly because there isn’t one shot currently. You load a sample and it plays as long as you hold down if looped or until it’s done while you hold down. If you turn on the envelope you can add a release or whatever but there is no way to hit the key and have it play through one shot. Edit: never mind I got it. Yeah the factory samples like kick drums, etc do play one shot without amp env on. Guess I never noticed

@db909 yeh i guess you never noticed.And the none conistent velocity volume level prob I have is when the "release" in AMP EG is ON - experiment you may just notice - know what i'am talking about geeza

Hmm. A curious case indeed

@db909 yep as GR progess after we all like it we will want to export to other DAW's to get a full mix which jim has provided us the option - in a proper mixdown production those velocity mis matches will be easily heard when compression/limiting etc is added

I’m looking to get into some straight up IMPROPER, down right NASTY mixdowns and production all within the app. But I do hear ya.

@db909 same dude - I've kinda worked out the app want to mixdown but the FULL velocity issue needs sorting -

• @stormbeats said:
    Export a solo "kik" that you set to FULL VELOCITY (127) or (96) into a DAW i.e Auria etc and see if the waveform is consistent in volume which should be for each "kik" hit - I'am sort of getting there in testing but the waveform for each "kik" hit are not level to each other.

@stormbeats Are you sure the master Limiter is off while you doing "Export Pattern Audio" ?
    To all: Is here at least one who experiences the same velocity issue?

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    Export a solo "kik" that you set to FULL VELOCITY (127) or (96) into a DAW i.e Auria etc and see if the waveform is consistent in volume which should be for each "kik" hit - I'am sort of getting there in testing but the waveform for each "kik" hit are not level to each other.

@stormbeats Are you sure the master Limiter is off while you doing "Export Pattern Audio" ?

@jimpavloff Hi Jim yes the Master Limiter is off - gonna do bit more waveform testing but there is for sure a velocity change when the AMP EG is switched ON you can see it in the pads LED

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Hi Jim yes the Master Limiter is off - gonna do bit more waveform testing but there is for sure a velocity change when the AMP EG is switched ON you can see it in the pads LED

@jimpavloff I think the routing just needs reversing AMP EG to VELOCITY maybe at the moment its VELOCITY to AMP EG

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

When you turn AMP EG on, notes volume should become a little bit louder than without AMP EG. That is normal.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

When you turn AMP EG on, notes volume should become a little bit louder than without AMP EG. That is normal.

@jimpavloff yeh that's cool but then the pads volume goes up and down - can see it on the pad LED

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff yeh that's cool but then the pads volume goes up and down - can see it on the pad LED

Volume meter may vary a little as it shows you the peak value, not the RMS. Peak values can vary depending on many factors, because it's "live" synth engine.

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

Volume meter may vary a little as it shows you the peak value, not the RMS. Peak values can vary depending on many factors, because it's "live" synth engine.

@jimpavloff ok - will export some test wave files at part velocity(96) into Auria etc to check if consisent waveform - though I will say the metering is consistent till the AMP EG is ON
    Thanks for getting bk to my post though.

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff ok - will export some test wave files at part velocity(96) into Auria etc to check if consisent waveform - though I will say the metering is consistent till the AMP EG is ON

Better send them to me, so I can check out myself.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

Better send them to me, so I can check out myself.

@jimpavloff ok will do and thanks - yo I dj a lot out here in London anytime your here and want a few drinks it's on me Well deseved GR is excellent few minor things but yes it's really cool - I been on mpc's since 1992 and GR really has me feeling like I'am on hardware and the Swing you coded is tight - spot on.

• @jimpavloff yo - just emailed the pattern to you .let me know on here if poss when you receive it. (velocity issue)

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff yo - just emailed the pattern to you .let me know on here if poss when you receive it. (velocity issue)

@jimpavloff in my email i said check the kik and loop but the loop naturally has volume changes so really it's the one shot drum sounds to check .
    peace

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff yo - just emailed the pattern to you .let me know on here if poss when you receive it. (velocity issue)

@jimpavloff in my email i said check the kik and loop but the loop naturally has volume changes so really it's the one shot drum sounds to check .
    peace

@jimpavloff thanks for your emai and velocity testing have emailed you back - the one kik at 96 velocity and the rest at 127 as you explained - why that is i have no idea as the part/sound (kik) is triggered from the same pad - no step edit velocity and have not used any groove velocity or random velocity - recorded direct from the pad in GR sequencer .
    @jimpavloff thanks for the EDIT SEQ suggestion it helped - will do a few more patterns and check the velocity is steady

• edited January 2018

Lol @stormbeats is it really necessary to add @jimpavloffs tag in every post in every paragraph?

@stormbeats just sayin

@stormbeats >:)

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

peace

@jimpavloff thanks for your emai and velocity testing have emailed you back - the one kik at 96 velocity and the rest at 127 as you explained - why that is i have no idea as the part/sound (kik) is triggered from the same pad - no step edit velocity and have not used any groove velocity or random velocity - recorded direct from the pad in GR sequencer .
    @jimpavloff thanks for the EDIT SEQ suggestion it helped - will do a few more patterns and check the velocity is steady

@jimpavloff all is steady now thanks Jim - if poss can we get an option to change the LED Level meter from RMS to Peak - that was partly what had me confused.

• edited January 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Lol @stormbeats is it really necessary to add @jimpavloffs tag in every post in every paragraph?

@stormbeats just sayin

...and this inpatients stormbeats is bombarding mr Pavloff with 25 long replies in just one day...
    @stormbeats - this is an app for bringing some joy in our lifes, not on life & death... ;-)

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats just sayin

...and this inpatients stormbeats is bombarding mr Pavloff with 25 long replies in just one day...
    @stormbeats - this is an app for bringing some joy in our lifes, not on life & death... ;-)

@ErrkaPetti and your name is called Petti for a reason in English "Petty" spelt with a capital "twat"

• its bringing me much joy. Half of this stuff brought up in here seems so minuscule as to be virtually irrelevant. But I’m not a professional so what do I know

• @db909 said:
    its bringing me much joy. Half of this stuff brought up in here seems so minuscule as to be virtually irrelevant. But I’m not a professional so what do I know

Lmao yes better make sure the velocity is steady otherwise the sound system might explode and kill everyone in the club! :D

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@db909 said:
    its bringing me much joy. Half of this stuff brought up in here seems so minuscule as to be virtually irrelevant. But I’m not a professional so what do I know

Lmao yes better make sure the velocity is steady otherwise the sound system might explode and kill everyone in the club! :D

@LucidMusicInc yeh and your facebook too.

• This thread is an endlessly amusing needless aggro magnet, long may it continue.

• @db909 said:

yes.

• Is there a quick way to switch imported samples to one-shot? Right now the sample cuts off as soon as I lift my finger from the pad. I can change it in the ADSR settings, but I feel like I’m missing something simple.

• edited January 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats just sayin

I asked this @stormbeats already too .. @stormbeats replied that he will stop if i stop swear... i stopped swearing but @stormbeats didn't stop adding to every fcking post and fcking paragraph this motherfucking @jim... tag

so.. looks @stormbeats breaked our deal.. this means i can again start f*cking swear like i want..

@stormbeats what do you think, @stormbeats ??

:))

• @dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats just sayin

I aked this @stormbeats already too .. @stormbeats replied that he will stop if o stop swearing... i stopped swearing but @stormbeats didn't stop adding to every fucking post and fucking paragraph this motherfucking @jim... tag

so.. looks @stormbeats breaked our deal.. this means i can again start fucking swear like i want..

if it helps your day -

• @stormbeats said:

@dendy said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@stormbeats just sayin

I aked this @stormbeats already too .. @stormbeats replied that he will stop if o stop swearing... i stopped swearing but @stormbeats didn't stop adding to every fucking post and fucking paragraph this motherfucking @jim... tag

so.. looks @stormbeats breaked our deal.. this means i can again start fucking swear like i want..

if it helps your day -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K574ahMIkrI

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats Lol yeah ... i have my own console .. f*cking :trollface: awesome , didn't know that :smiley: thanks @stormbeaks for finding it, @stormbeats

• Despite my initial impressions, I’ve come to the conclusion that there is a boatload of headroom in this mix bus. Anybody else discovered cool stuff?