Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

If you half global tempo you'll lose ability for 16ths for hi-hats, quicker melodies etc. Needs to be per track really or its just a solution that brings other problems ;) Even tempo per track will have its own limitations compared to 8 bars. But far less than current options.

Storke still works for those machine gun hi-hats and double-hits on steps ;)
    Per part timing division would be super handy though...

@samu yep per part timing division would help in this situ

• @Samu said:

@Iostress said:

If you half global tempo you'll lose ability for 16ths for hi-hats, quicker melodies etc. Needs to be per track really or its just a solution that brings other problems ;) Even tempo per track will have its own limitations compared to 8 bars. But far less than current options.

Storke still works for those machine gun hi-hats and double-hits on steps ;)
    Per part timing division would be super handy though...

Good call re Stroke :) But yeah, not sure I want to half the global and be reliant on that workaround ;) to be honest I’m fine using GR16 for patterns and bm3 for longer instrument passages and sync them. But I can’t get any kind of transport between the two apps. Link is syncing them fine for tempo, but I can’t use the little bm3 transport that pop ups in GR16 when IAA from bm3. That transport isn’t working across both apps. Which makes the whole idea of using both together too much pita during production. Any ideas?

• @Iostress said:
    That transport isn’t working across both apps. Which makes the whole idea of using both together too much pita during production. Any ideas?

I think we'll have to wait until Ableton adds transport features to the Link protocol, they are missing at the moment.
    Personally I'm the 'export and import' type so I create something in GR, export the *.wav and use it in BM3.

I suck at playing live so 'step programming' is more my game.
    I guess that could be called 'Tracker Damage' or something :)

• I checked this thread last night shortly before going to bed. And now there are 42 new comments?! Geez, I'm puttin' this one down for awhile until the dust settles. Explored the app again and some stuff has been relabeled and the slicing area is pretty confusing now. When you import via AudioShare, it doesn't keep the user import? Only the ones I add manually via the user folder remain, but not the AudioShare imported samples. Is that by design?

Everything looked likely to be good changes, but doesn't seem like a good time yet to knuckle down to go through the manual again to relearn what I thought I already learned... with likely more changes and additions coming? I'd rather wait until it's no longer a moving target. lol ;)

Any chance it's close to settling in with only minor updates and bug fixes coming? Or, is this very much still "under construction"?

• Realized how useful the jog wheel is. I mentioned earlier about having a way to choose random fx, oscillators, etc. Not needed. Just press the type button of choice and zip around with the jog wheel while it’s playing. And i think the Audioshare loaded samples not showing in the app is by design but I could be wrong. I guess because it’s so easy to load them and folks are likely to have their samples way more organized within Audioshare anyway.

• @db909 said:
    And i think the Audioshare loaded samples not showing in the app is by design but I could be wrong.

When you import from AudioShare it goes directly to the 'part' so it will not be visible in the 'User' section.
    When you send files using 'Open In...' they will be in the 'User' section and can then be added to a part.

• @Samu said:

@db909 said:
    And i think the Audioshare loaded samples not showing in the app is by design but I could be wrong.

When you import from AudioShare it goes directly to the 'part' so it will not be visible in the 'User' section.
    When you send files using 'Open In...' they will be in the 'User' section and can then be added to a part.

That seems kind of strange. If I'm importing a file via AudioShare, it seems like it'd be copied to my User folder. Not complaining, but that's what I'd expect.

And, not complaining about changes at all by the way. I just don't want to waste time relearning what I thought I already figured out from the launch version, if things aren't really nailed down and settled upon yet. I'd rather just wait until the dust clears, then dive back in. That's what I ended up doing with BM3 too. But it seems to have settled down enough to spend the time to learn it.

No problem just experimenting and playing with it while it's still evolving... for the happy accidents in the meantime.

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff in a soon update can you implement when dragging samples to pads can the screen with the samples stay open instead of going back to the User screen it saves having to go back to the sample folder your in when wanting to drag samples from the same folder to the next pad.

• @Samu said:

@db909 said:

Good to know thank you!

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff in a soon update can you implement when dragging samples to pads can the screen with the samples stay open instead of going back to the User screen it saves having to go back to the sample folder your in when wanting to drag samples from the same folder to the next pad.

Why bother 'dragging' samples, it's not needed. Just tap a pad and select a new sample?! I'm puzzled to be honest...

• @skiphunt said:
    I checked this thread last night shortly before going to bed. And now there are 42 new comments?! Geez, I'm puttin' this one down for awhile until the dust settles. Explored the app again and some stuff has been relabeled and the slicing area is pretty confusing now. When you import via AudioShare, it doesn't keep the user import? Only the ones I add manually via the user folder remain, but not the AudioShare imported samples. Is that by design?

Everything looked likely to be good changes, but doesn't seem like a good time yet to knuckle down to go through the manual again to relearn what I thought I already learned... with likely more changes and additions coming? I'd rather wait until it's no longer a moving target. lol ;)

Any chance it's close to settling in with only minor updates and bug fixes coming? Or, is this very much still "under construction"?

@skiphunt Lazy dude - get involved experiment give suggestions help take GR to the next level - joking I hear ya.

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

Why bother 'dragging' samples, it's not needed. Just tap a pad and select a new sample?! I'm puzzled to be honest...

@Samu your baffled to be honest because you dont understand - what i mean is everytime you "put" a sample to a pad then go to the next pad the sample folder you were previously in disappears from the screen meaning you have to go through the list of sample folders again - imagine you had 100 sample folders - you would have to re scroll just to get to the sample folder you were just in for the previous pad .

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu your baffled to be honest because you dont understand - what i mean is everytime you "put" a sample to a pad then go to the next pad the sample folder you were previously in disappears from the screen meaning you have to go through the list of sample folders again - imagine you had 100 sample folders - you would have to re scroll just to get to the sample folder you were just in for the previous pad .

puzzled....

• For those who gets confused with new added sample-import related features and organizing the files in GR - please re-read Section 6 of current manual, it has changed and most of things are described. It's only 3 pages.

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats When you tap a pad, Wave selector immediately shows you what current sound is assigned to that pad. And what you are trying to propose here is not dealing with simple logic.

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff said:
    For those who gets confused with new added sample-import related features and organizing the files in GR - please re-read Section 6 of current manual, it has changed and most of things are described. It's only 3 pages.

I downloaded the manual from a couple a days ago. Traveling soon and might not have regular access to the internet. Is the manual from 2 days ago the most current version?

EDIT: Never mind. I just downloaded it again to make sure I had the latest version as of today.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats When you tap a pad, Wave selector immediately shows you what current sound is assigned to that pad. And what you are trying to propose here is not dealing with simple logic.

@jimpavloff i dont think you understand - iam saying when I'am in a sample folder and have selected the sample I then hit the next pad or next sample to load too - if the samples I plan to use are all in the same folder the screen goes back to the User folders - now I have to re scroll to the folder I was just in - I have imported 100+ sample folders and have to re scroll to get to the sample folder I was just in for the previous pad. Peace

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff i dont think you understand - iam saying when I'am in a sample folder and have selected the sample I then hit the next pad or next sample to load too - if the samples I plan to use are all in the same folder the screen goes back to the User folders - now I have to re scroll to the folder I was just in - I have imported 100+ sample folders and have to re scroll to get to the sample folder I was just in for the previous pad. Peace

@jimpavloff That is my logical proposal to have a hold in the screen when allocating samples to multiple pads that are in the same folder and the screen not go away from the current sample folder when assigning to pads

• It's insane how much you nitpick. Just spend the extra few seconds to assign samples and leave the developer alone. It's like you want every tiny thing redone on a $10 app. Honest question: do you make music?

• Why not just load your first sample. “Copy”, switch to next pad, “paste part sound”. The browser will then be in the same place

• @ipadthai said:
    It's insane how much you nitpick. Just spend the extra few seconds to assign samples and leave the developer alone. It's like you want every tiny thing redone on a $10 app. Honest question: do you make music?

@Mark B said:
    Why not just load your first sample. “Copy”, switch to next pad, “paste part sound”. The browser will then be in the same place

@Mark B I hear ya - at least you understand what I'am saying - could get messy when you import a lot of folders to GR browser - with zillions of samples in each when assigning to pads

• edited January 2018

@ipadthai said:
    It's insane how much you nitpick. Just spend the extra few seconds to assign samples and leave the developer alone. It's like you want every tiny thing redone on a $10 app. Honest question: do you make music?

@ipadthai yep I make the dopest beats on your forehead -

• @stormbeats said:
    @ipadthai And now what....

your best post so far ! :D

• @Sygma said:

@stormbeats said:
    @ipadthai And now what....

your best post so far ! :D

There's more but I'am humble - that ipad thai dude wanted honest confirmation - anyway back onto GR topic/s.

• what in the hell is going on here.

• @db909 said:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e99gnujmytho2kw/Chill.pattern.gr16?dl=0

Heres a cool pattern I made. Definitely not edm

Cool one!

• I don’t think I will ever tire of watching that little speaker under the touchpad pounding away there.
    Speaking of which- I have a feature request to add to the massive pile. I am wondering if would be possible to have a gate/ ribbon type of effect making use of the touchpad. This type of thing brings a whole new dimension to instruments. It’s the sort of thing you see on the Korg Monotribe- or there is one for the arpeggiator in Lisbon in Korg Gadget. I know the touchpad is global at the moment- but this would be a mighty addition were it possible. Any thoughts?

• One more. Much different. You can do anything with this app.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf76jlp3mtofwt3/Wall of sound.pattern.gr16?dl=0