Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited December 2017

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:
    did the electribes have it where if you keep playing over a loop you could have the new notes replace the previously recorded ones only when they are on the same steps? Cause that would be freakin awesome here

Hi- Prepare to be overwhelmed in a freakish manner............. pause to build up suspense.............. It does happen here! Try it again - switch off poly mode and you're good to go. Yes it's true!- the previously recorded note goes- and the new one takes its place- just like iKaossilator or figure. Happy days B)

But I’m still hearing notes bleeding into each other rather than having an old note erased in its entirety. Also, you still hear old notes even as you play over them. But perhaps I can get used to it. So you’re able to play along and get the patterns you want in this fashion?

I could be overthinking it, perhaps I should embrace the chaos. But @jimpavloff it would be super cool if this could be tweaked a little as I describe if I am in fact right about what is going on.

• @db909 said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:
    did the electribes have it where if you keep playing over a loop you could have the new notes replace the previously recorded ones only when they are on the same steps? Cause that would be freakin awesome here

Hi- Prepare to be overwhelmed in a freakish manner............. pause to build up suspense.............. It does happen here! Try it again - switch off poly mode and you're good to go. Yes it's true!- the previously recorded note goes- and the new one takes its place- just like iKaossilator or figure. Happy days B)

But I’m still hearing notes bleeding into each other rather than having an old note erased in its entirety. Also, you still hear old notes even as you play over them. But perhaps I can get used to it. So you’re able to play along and get the patterns you want in this fashion?

Yes totally- I just tried this as an experiment and it worked perfectly. Get a one bar loop going- real time record- go daft tapping in some random low notes- move up a few octaves and start playing again- all the low notes get elbowed out by the higher ones. I think you must have been hearing something from another track- make sure it is soloed or is a new pattern when you are testing this out in your laboratory.

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Yes totally- I just tried this as an experiment and it worked perfectly. Get a one bar loop going- real time record- go daft tapping in some random low notes- move up a few octaves and start playing again- all the low notes get elbowed out by the higher ones. I think you must have been hearing something from another track- make sure it is soloed or is a new pattern when you are testing this out in your laboratory.

Or maybe your timing is a bit off so you're actually getting more notes. Maybe mess with quantize?

• Make sure the poly light is off.

• Yeah i get all that. Are you guys still hearing the old notes as you play over them even with poly turned off? Cause I do and I have to wait till it loops to hear what the new pattern will be

• @db909 said:
    Yeah i get all that. Are you guys still hearing the old notes as you play over them even with poly turned off? Cause I do and I have to wait till it loops to hear what the new pattern will be

No- I am detecting no anomalies. It is working the way I would expect replace record to do. I just recorded a pattern again there- and tried it with some delay to see if I could hear anything carry over - but it seems to be fine.

Having said that I have just tried it again before posting. I think I may have an idea as to what is happening. When I was trying it previously- I was only tapping the pad to change the notes- keeping them short. But I notice if you hold your finger on it- if behaves differently- the note seems to hold ( sometimes) as long as you are holding it- whilst the others play in the background- until the next pass- where the note will play- but will only last as long as until the next previously recorded note- which then stops it. Is this sort of thing what you mean?

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:
    Yeah i get all that. Are you guys still hearing the old notes as you play over them even with poly turned off? Cause I do and I have to wait till it loops to hear what the new pattern will be

No- I am detecting no anomalies. It is working the way I would expect replace record to do. I just recorded a pattern again there- and tried it with some delay to see if I could hear anything carry over - but it seems to be fine.

Having said that I have just tried it again before posting. I think I may have an idea as to what is happening. When I was trying it previously- I was only tapping the pad to change the notes- keeping them short. But I notice if you hold your finger on it- if behaves differently- the note seems to hold ( sometimes) as long as you are holding it- whilst the others play in the background- until the next pass- where the note will play- but will only last as long as until the next previously recorded note- which then stops it. Is this sort of thing what you mean?

Yes that’s what I mean. This doesn’t happen in IKaossilator. A long note held over shorter ones will erase any short notes it’s held over and you will not hear them. A short note played over a long note will cut the long note off immediately and permanently

• edited December 2017

@db909 said:

Yeah it works but depending on what gets triggered when, the old and new notes seem to play simultaneously sometimes. It can get a little noisy even with record quantization on.

@jimpavlov
    Just wanted to mention again, as I think it got lost in the thread, it appears the labels for Modulator>Pitch>EG Up and EG Down have been switched.

Also Wave>Osc>Noise+SAW Noise+SQU Noise+TRI and Noise+SINE are silent.

Is there any simple way to copy bar 1 from one pattern into bar 2 of another pattern?

• @pfrf said:

@db909 said:

Yeah it works but depending on what gets triggered when, the old and new notes seem to play simultaneously sometimes. It can get a little noisy even with record quantization on.

@jimpavlov
    Just wanted to mention again, as I think it got lost in the thread, it appears the labels for Modulator>Pitch>EG Up and EG Down have been switched.

Same here for Pitch mod. For the Oscillators, adjust Edit 1 and 2

• @Telengard - i never said 100% though it will interest sample based producers

• @db909 said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Yes that’s what I mean. This doesn’t happen in IKaossilator. A long note held over shorter ones will erase any short notes it’s held over and you will not hear them. A short note played over a long note will cut the long note off immediately and permanently

Yes- you are spot on- I hadn't realised this with my short stabby notes- this has got to be a bug type thing? I have just PM'd Jim with an outline and referred him to this page so he will see all this stuff. I'm sure he is still reading the forum...... 'Hello Jim... are you there?'

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Yes- you are spot on- I hadn't realised this with my short stabby notes- this has got to be a bug type thing? I have just PM'd Jim with an outline and referred him to this page so he will see all this stuff. I'm sure he is still reading the forum...... 'Hello Jim... are you there?'

Excellent

• @pfrf said:

@db909 said:

@jimpavlov

Is there any simple way to copy bar 1 from one pattern into bar 2 of another pattern?

I've re-checked Pitch EG Up & Pitch EG Down - that's the intended behavior, labeling is correct.
    Regarding the Noise osc's, try to modify Edit1 and Edit2 knobs and you will hear the sound.

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:
    @Telengard - i never said 100% though it will interest sample based producers

I just wanted people to know that it isn't something like Beat Hawk or iMPC pro that are based upon making music with ONLY samples that you cut up or pitch, etc. But it has a synth engine that can create so much on it's own. :)

• @Telengard said:

@stormbeats said:
    @Telengard - i never said 100% though it will interest sample based producers

I just wanted people to know that it isn't something like Beat Hawk or iMPC pro that are based upon making music with ONLY samples that you cut up or pitch, etc. But it has a synth engine that can create so much on it's own. :)

cool

• @jimpavloff said:

@pfrf said:

@db909 said:

@jimpavlov

I've re-checked Pitch EG Up & Pitch EG Down - that's the intended behavior, labeling is correct.
    Regarding the Noise osc's, try to modify Edit1 and Edit2 knobs and you will hear the sound.

Ok, thanks again. I’m really enjoying this app, very nice.

• @RajahP said:
    Been messing with GR -16 for a few..
    I guess it tries to simulate hardware.. > @SMKArtist said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff @samu and anyone - I don't think the manual explains the important part - how to SAVE a project - I might be wrong but if anyone knows?
    Thanks in advance

@stormbeats Hit the write button saves your project. To name it hold shift Write. Then you have to hit write again to save the name you used. It's an Electribe carry over. Which reminds me...

@jimpavloff , Hey, in your next update or two, can you set write to simply open up both the option to save and save the name as well in just one step? This two step process is a bit cumbersome. Thanks!

I do get the love for the hardware Electribe 2 and stuff... and simulating it on the IPad... But the iPad can go deeper than hardware as demonstrated with GarageBand’s Beat Sequencer.. Those Pads can become ‘Cells’ with stuff like ‘touch’ velocity, key notes, length, probability, etc... will love to see some of GB BS features in this great app..

https://youtu.be/cihMVqMyijc

@RajahP I get your point, but I'm not loading that Godzilla collection of run away "bloat code" on my iPad, hell no! GR-16 produces so much in an anorexic sized package of less than 60 MB. Talk about clean coding.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mark B said:
    Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

@jimpavloff great idea, what do you think Jim?

• @SMKArtist said:

@Mark B said:
    Feature suggestion. Tap this area to set play position. Hold and move finger to scrub playback.

@jimpavloff great idea, what do you think Jim?

I'll think what I can do with this, if I won't find another appropriate solution with the playhead positioning.

• Relevant thread on KVR regarding the electribes and grooveboxes in general:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=235063

• @jimpavloff or anyone - how do I insert effect/s on the Master channel?

• edited December 2017

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone - how do I insert effect/s on the Master channel?

You can only have one master effect I think. It can be chosen in the pattern menu and automated or adjusted with the touchpad. You have to have “hold” on on the pad for the master effect to be active all the time otherwise it’s whatever automation you record or only while holding the pad.

• edited December 2017

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

You can only have one master effect I think. It can be chosen in the pattern menu and automated or adjusted with the touchpad. You have to have “hold” on on the pad for the master effect to be active all the time otherwise it’s whatever automation you record or only while holding the pad.

you can also click the MFX button above the touchpad if it is already lite to open the choose fx menu.

You also have the send effect as well and that can be found in the settings under Pattern->SendFX.

• edited December 2017

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

cheers @jimpavloff can we get the option of selecting a Master effect to be active without having to automate or holding the pad - its bit "limiting" My plan is to complete a mix all in groove rider with at least one effect on the Master - i.e an eq

• @Telengard said:

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

you can also click the MFX button above the touchpad if it is already light to open the choose fx menu.

You also have the send effect as well and that can be found in the settings under Pattern->SendFX.

cheers

• @stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

cheers @jimpavloff can we get the option of selecting a Master effect to be active without having to automate or holding the pad - its bit "limiting" My plan is to complete a mix all in groove rider with at least one effect on the Master - i.e an eq

MFX is mainly a performance effect, not processing effect. It's main intention to be turned on during performance by user. Using a Hold for it is a kind of "workaround", which allows to use MFX as a constant processing effect.
    You don't have to automate it in this case, however. Just switch "Hold" button to ON and adjust desired MFX XY-value with a TouchPad. It will remain on hold when you save your pattern.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@db909 said:

@stormbeats said:

MFX is mainly a performance effect, not processing effect. It's main intention to be turned on during performance by user. Using a Hold for it is a kind of "workaround", which allows to use MFX as a constant processing effect.
    You don't have to automate it in this case, however. Just switch "Hold" button to ON and adjust desired MFX XY-value with a TouchPad. It will remain on hold when you save your pattern.

ok cool

• OK, I’m late to the party, but this app is wonderful. (@wim — you’re correct: I’m the recent iElectribe convert who is totally digging this.)

Making great sounds. But it’s a little unclear how to proceed. I’ve read the thread, but two things still confuse me.

Not sure how to copy a 1-Bar pattern to make a longer pattern.

Second, the arp that everyone adores is plodding and dull to me. Definitely user error. What am I missing?

Oh! Three things: Sample import leaves to empty folders.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

~~~~> @ExAsperis99 said:

Not sure how to copy a 1-Bar pattern to make a longer pattern.

Just like the iELECTRIBE really. Press the Enter button to get to the menu, select pattern, and increase the pattern length. What you have gets copied into the other bars just like with the iELECTRIBE. (Oops - that’s with my real ES-1, not iELECTRIBE)

Second, the arp that everyone adores is plodding and dull to me. Definitely user error. What am I missing?

Try setting it so that just the ARP and HOLD buttons are lit above the x-y pad. Then go to KEYS mode and with your left hand play pads while moving your finger around the x-y pad to mess with the speed and timing. At least that’s when I began to get it. It’s not like any arp I’ve messed with before, but some cool stuff got laid down when I did the above.

Oh! Three things: Sample import leaves to empty folders.

Sample import is bunged. The developer is working on it. Best to avoid sample import altogether for now.