Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• edited January 2018

Ah, OK thanks for explaining. That's a shame about the 'Open in' option from BM3 folders / document picker not being there yet. Not really down for duplicating samples from BM3 folder > audioshare > GR16 folder + GR16 cache. Hopefully jim gets on the case :)

One could skip Audioshare and share from BM3 to the GR16 folder directly. Optimal would naturally be from BM3 to GR16 cache unless one loves to import the same samples multiple times or plans to use them in multiple patterns in that case importing to the user folder would be a bit smoother and save some browsing time :)

• @Samu said:

Ah, OK thanks for explaining. That's a shame about the 'Open in' option from BM3 folders / document picker not being there yet. Not really down for duplicating samples from BM3 folder > audioshare > GR16 folder + GR16 cache. Hopefully jim gets on the case :)

One could skip Audioshare and share from BM3 to the GR16 folder directly. Optimal would naturally be from BM3 to GR16 cache unless one loves to import the same samples multiple times or plans to use them in multiple patterns in that case importing to the user folder would be a bit amoother and save some brwsikg time :)

Yeah, really I just want to be able to browse BM3 folder from GR16 and import sample to Part. I didn't realise this kind of import was even possible as an option in ios before you guys mentioned earlier, but now I know it's an option, any other workflow just seems unnecessarily painful ;)

• i think it is not allowed for one app directly browse through directories of other app .. Even if it is tehoretically possible, don't think it is good idea that one app save files directly to some specific subfolder of other app - each app have own directory structure - BM3, Cubasis, Auria, .. to implement different path where save files independently for each app and them be forced to still update it if target app changes something in files structure .. ehm.. good way for wasting @jimpavloff resources instead of adding some new useable features to GR16 :)

you can just open Files app OR you can use "Open In.." (which is available now in GR16) and this saves automatically to target apps 'Inbox" folder ..

• @dendy said:

you can just open Files app OR you can use "Open In.." (which is available now in GR16) and this saves automatically to target apps 'Inbox" folder ..

That’s more than enough for me, using ’Open In...’ goes a long way as it gives access thru ’Files.app’ and I can easily pick the destination.

• edited January 2018

Plus - GR16 is IAA generator .. so you can record it DIRECTLY to audio track in BM3... you even not need to export it and import using Open In .. or other interapp file transfer feature ;)

• edited January 2018

If I use ‘Save to new’ to copy a factory pattern to a user pattern, how is the app working out which user pattern to copy it to? I would expect it to appear in the first empty pattern available, but for example, if I save A63 Outro 2 to new, it appears in U79 - a place I have never been anywhere near, and certainly nowhere near my first empty pattern!

(Maybe, Jim, you could let us use the dial to select which slot to save it in...)

• Nearly missed my train stop jamming with this today, that’s my benchmark of a good app.

• @Iostress said:

@Samu said:

@Iostress said:
    @samu I had quick look after installing update but not seeing/understanding how to import from bm3 folder to pad/part like you mentioned. Only from AudioShare. Any chance of a quick ‘step by step’ please dude? Thanks!

Import is still currently only thru AudioShare.
    ’Open In...’ from BM3 or other apps is no workie at the moment (Messaged Jim about this).

When doing export, select open in... as option and ’Save to Files’ browse to the desired folder and tap add.

When document picker support comes it’s the same procedure, browse to a folder, select file and tap add.

I can’t log-in to the forum from my Mac, tried all browsers...

Ah, OK thanks for explaining. That's a shame about the 'Open in' option from BM3 folders / document picker not being there yet. Not really down for moving and/or duplicating samples from BM3 folder > audioshare > GR16 folder + GR16 cache. Hopefully jim gets on the case :)

@lostress your prob better exporting from Audioshare because the 16sec sample time limit you can trim samples before exporting to GR - Got to say though @jimpavloff really impressed he took in some of the suggestions we made GR, I know will get even better It's only been a couple weeks and hardly any bugs - top app - I have a feeling there will be direct sampling from audio card and inter app sharing soon .
    Peace

• @jimpavloff If ever you implement upgrade options like more effects per pad etc I for sure will spend some cash with no hesitation - It feels like I'am on an akai mpc on steroids - you coded the swing percentages really well - quick question for anyone - is there a quantize off setting?

• @dendy said:
    Plus - GR16 is IAA generator .. so you can record it DIRECTLY to audio track in BM3... you even not need to export it and import using Open In .. or other interapp file transfer feature ;)

Thanks :) But I'm not talking about getting GR16 sounds in to BM3 at all ;) I'm talking about having one central sample hub (my BM3 samples folder) that I can browse from and import from, while in other apps. Same as I've had a 'samples folder' on desktop for eternity, that all software pulls samples from ;) I know in past it's been Apple, not devs, that have made that impossible. But I maybe misunderstood @samu and someone else that posted about samplebot, for a sec I thought it was possible now in ios. Sadly doesn't seem the case. But really I just wanna make music, not juggle files around or keep switching apps (if not AUv3) to fill gaps in the others features ;)

Never had a problem in terms of one piece of desktop software messing up samples/file system for another piece of desktop software.. And GR16 works from its own cache so definitely wouldn't be a problem here either. 'if' it was possible. Which seems it isn't :(

Wasn't trying to 'waste devs time'... But thanks for the scolding.

But never mind. This kind of thing is the reason I stayed away from ios for so long. I'll probably just stick in BM3 and AUv3 (+ a couple of indispensable IAA). For me personally the workflow benefit of having samples accessible fast without stuff like audioshare is worth more than a couple of features I can pretty much fake or approximate in BM3 anyway with Rosetta. A shame tho cos GR16's pretty fun and IS a different tool compared to anything else on ios. Just think overall it might be a distraction for me with current ios limitations + lack of auv3 and overall just slow me down. Will come back to it when Apple eventually pull their head out of their ass..

• edited January 2018

@Iostress said:

@dendy said:

Thanks :) But I'm not talking about getting GR16 sounds in to BM3 at all ;) I'm talking about having one central sample hub (my BM3 samples folder) that I can browse from and import from, while in other apps. Same as I've had a 'samples folder' on desktop for eternity, that all software pulls samples from ;) I know in past it's been Apple, not devs, that have made that impossible. But I maybe misunderstood @samu and someone else that posted about samplebot, for a sec I thought it was possible now in ios. Sadly doesn't seem the case. But really I just wanna make music, not juggle files around or keep switching apps (if not AUv3) to fill gaps in the others features ;)

Never had a problem in terms of one piece of desktop software messing up samples/file system for another piece of desktop software.. And GR16 works from its own cache so definitely wouldn't be a problem here either. 'if' it was possible. Which seems it isn't :(

But never mind. This kind of thing is the reason I stayed away from ios for so long. I'll probably just stick in BM3 and AUv3 (+ a couple of indispensable IAA). For me personally the workflow benefit of having samples accessible fast without stuff like audioshare is worth more than a couple of features I can pretty much fake or approximate in BM3 anyway with Rosetta. A shame tho cos GR16's pretty fun and IS a different tool compared to anything else on ios. Just think overall it might be a distraction for me with current ios limitations + lack of auv3 and overall just slow me down. Will come back to it when Apple eventually pull their head out of their ass..

Audioshare is your best option pre iOS 11 I think

• Thank you @Iostress, @stormbeats and the other requesters for trying to push the envelope. I’ve learned a few things about what grooveboxes are capable of in the process.

Thank you @jimpavloff for rolling with it and then releasing such a quick update. Amazing talent and effort!

• @jimpavloff do you have any plans to implement iCloud Drive support in GR-16?

• Anybody having problems with GR crashing on iPad Air? Last two iOS Beta’s crashing all the time

• edited January 2018

@midlife said:
    Anybody having problems with GR crashing on iPad Air? Last two iOS Beta’s crashing all the time

I have iPad Air as my test device, no crashes yet. How much memory (16/32/64 gb?) do you have on your iPad Air? When does it crashes, during what kind of operations?

• @gusgranite said:
    Thank you @Iostress, @stormbeats and the other requesters for trying to push the envelope. I’ve learned a few things about what grooveboxes are capable of in the process.

Thank you @jimpavloff for rolling with it and then releasing such a quick update. Amazing talent and effort!

@gusgranite Welcome - at times I may have seemed bit pushy @jimpavloff but really see the potential in GR after using hardware grooveboxes for 20 years - As GR is now it's excellent - there's few more things but Jim deserves a round of apllause from us all and a well earned rest =Now he has given us the "envelopes" time to "open" the mind and make the beats.
    Peace.

• It’s a 16gb with 4gb left. A lot of the time it crashes is when changing patterns but can happen when changing parts as well. It was working fine but just past few days crashing all the time. Works great on my phone. I did uninstall and reinstall and it is slightly better, before I uninstalled it kept crashing at the splash screen .

• @Iostress said:

@dendy said:

@lostress - yo g - u know you can't leave GR your part of it's code now - I tried to go bk to bm3 last night - missed that instant GR beatmaking
    peace :-)

• @midlife said:
    It’s a 16gb with 4gb left. A lot of the time it crashes is when changing patterns but can happen when changing parts as well. It was working fine but just past few days crashing all the time. Works great on my phone. I did uninstall and reinstall and it is slightly better, before I uninstalled it kept crashing at the splash screen .

I'm testing with 32Gb. How much of your own imported samples do you use? Is it depends? Or it crashes even on preset patterns?

• edited January 2018

Are the Edit 1 and Edit 2 knobs assignable to different things when the part is an Oscillator? Looking at the manual I can’t see where to change their function, but it implies this can be done. (And if they can't be changed, what are they assigned to?)

• Not using any imported samples at the moment, just crashing while scrolling through factory presets

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Are the Edit 1 and Edit 2 knobs assignable to different things when the part is an Oscillator? Looking at the manual I can’t see where to change their function, but it implies this can be done.

They are preset for Oscillator sounds, and differ depending on the Osc type selected.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Are the Edit 1 and Edit 2 knobs assignable to different things when the part is an Oscillator? Looking at the manual I can’t see where to change their function, but it implies this can be done.

They are preset for Oscillator sounds, and differ depending on the Osc type selected.

Is there a list of what they are for each Osc type?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@jimpavloff said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Is there a list of what they are for each Osc type?

I was a bit confused on this at first too. Especially the fm presets, like what is modulating what. But I figured, hell, it’s just two knobs I can figure it out. One thing I did notice was that the center value of edit 1 knob is 63. And depending on the oscillator preset, this is relevant to getting a cleanly tuned tone when you have things that affect the pitch and stuff. So maybe a list would be helpful, and I hope @jimpavloff has one tucked away somewhere that he can share in the manual perhaps. But again, I’m personally ok with doing it all by ear

• @jimpavloff said:

@midlife said:
    It’s a 16gb with 4gb left. A lot of the time it crashes is when changing patterns but can happen when changing parts as well. It was working fine but just past few days crashing all the time. Works great on my phone. I did uninstall and reinstall and it is slightly better, before I uninstalled it kept crashing at the splash screen .

I'm testing with 32Gb. How much of your own imported samples do you use? Is it depends? Or it crashes even on preset patterns?

No crashing for me on iPad Air 1 16 GB iOS 11.2.1

• Ok, how about presets, like Bass, Drums. Synths. Maybe even an IAP for Drum Kits, Banks, etc.

Midi out/export will be a blast.

• @jimpavloff - Definitely no rush but if at some stage we can have number paramaters on all faders in the Mixer including the Master Fader - usefull when mixing volumes between the patterns - I changed the Master Volume on a pattern and can't remember the exact volume to match the other patterns - no rush though .
    And if poss can you bring bk the option to import patterns within the GR16 Utils.

• @stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff - Definitely no rush but if at some stage we can have number paramaters on all faders in the Mixer including the Master Fader - usefull when mixing volumes between the patterns - I changed the Master Volume on a pattern and can't remember the exact volume to match the other patterns - no rush though .
    And if poss can you bring bk the option to import patterns within the GR16 Utils.

@jimpavloff numbers meaning fader volume level displayed.

• I have it running on the old ipad2! Very nice. Can't use IAA, but I can make patterns. Cpu is at 50% constantly, but it revives an old paperweight. Thanks a lot, Jim!

• If we keep adding all these numbers, we’re gonna need an option to turn them off. For some of us, the less visual information cluttering the screen, the better. And I trust my ears