Skip to content

Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone - is there any way to transfer my chained patterns (full song) onto another ipad or do I have to re chain the patterns?
    Thanks in advance.

@jimpavloff When transfering the chained patterns just realised the chain order is number specific - is there any way when saving the chains the chained information is coded by the patterns name instead - that way the user does not have to re order any chains. The user may have other pattern chains on another ipad with the same pattern numbers so the chains from the other ipad wont load in the right order.

No, patterns chains a number specific. It is up to user to follow that. Besides, if you do a full patterns bank export, it will be imported with the same pattern numbers.

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff or anyone - is there any way to transfer my chained patterns (full song) onto another ipad or do I have to re chain the patterns?
    Thanks in advance.

@jimpavloff When transfering the chained patterns just realised the chain order is number specific - is there any way when saving the chains the chained information is coded by the patterns name instead - that way the user does not have to re order any chains. The user may have other pattern chains on another ipad with the same pattern numbers so the chains from the other ipad wont load in the right order.

No, patterns chains a number specific. It is up to user to follow that. Besides, if you do a full patterns bank export, it will be imported with the same pattern numbers.

ok cool -

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance.

ok cool -

@jimpavloff- pattern bank export - confuses me a bit - is that used patterns only or all the 255 utils? And if I do pattern bank export are the sounds exported?

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks in advance.

ok cool -

@jimpavloff- pattern bank export - confuses me a bit - is that used patterns only or all the 255 utils? And if I do pattern bank export are the sounds exported?

@jimpavloff ok i just read the manual - no rush but in a future update if theres a way to "save chained patterns" as a song arrangement would help a lot - for transfering between ipad devices

• @jimpavloff Seems that when I export patterns the "export to Files App" is not there and in GR the pop up screen that used to say "can view export in itunesin GR Documents" is no longer appearing. I had to press copy and paste ios icon " then paste into the Grooverider folder in file app to make it available in itunes- am i doing it wrong - ?

• edited January 2018

@jimpavloff Thanks for the great update, and for fixing the bug where imported samples stopped playing!

Got another small feature request - midi auto channel like on the Elektron machines, where it plays the currently selected part whatever midi channel you're on.

I'm using my OP-1 as a midi keyboard but can only change the midi channel when it's in controller mode. In normal OP-1 mode it's stuck on midi channel 1, so can only play keys or use the sequencers on Part 1.

• @cretakano said:
    @jimpavloff Thanks for the great update, and for fixing the bug where imported samples stopped playing!

Got another small feature request - midi auto channel like on the Elektron machines, where it plays the currently selected part whatever midi channel you're on.

I'm using my OP-1 as a midi keyboard but can only change the midi channel when it's in controller mode. In normal OP-1 mode it's stuck on midi channel 1, so can only play keys or use the sequencers on Part 1.

Try Omni mode,

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Seems that when I export patterns the "export to Files App" is not there and in GR the pop up screen that used to say "can view export in itunesin GR Documents" is no longer appearing. I had to press copy and paste ios icon " then paste into the Grooverider folder in file app to make it available in itunes- am i doing it wrong - ?

You no longer need to deal with iTunes. Instead, it will show you a share sheet with many options.

• @cretakano said:

Set Midi Mode setting in GR to "Omni" to be able to control only one selected Part.

• Why is there. no Audiobus start button.

And even more interestingly why do I seem to be the only person on the AB forum who is concerned about its lack?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Why is there. no Audiobus start button.

And even more interestingly why do I seem to be the only person on the AB forum who is concerned about its lack?

I'll take care of it in the nearest updates.

• App is great fun! Fingers crossed for better sample/editing and in app audio sampling in future updates.

• @bcrichards said:
    App is great fun! Fingers crossed for better sample/editing and in app audio sampling in future updates.

To clarify, current sample slicing controls are difficult to use with precision. Use of touch for manipulating slice points and navigating sample waveform as BM3 has done would be my preferred method.

• @jimpavloff said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Why is there. no Audiobus start button.

I'll take care of it in the nearest updates.

Thanks i’ll Look forward to it.

• @bcrichards said:

@bcrichards said:
    App is great fun! Fingers crossed for better sample/editing and in app audio sampling in future updates.

To clarify, current sample slicing controls are difficult to use with precision. Use of touch for manipulating slice points and navigating sample waveform as BM3 has done would be my preferred method.

Swipe up and down to zoom in and out. Use Shift to gear down.

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats

i don't think you need mention jim with @ in every one your posts... you create pretty big spam attack of notifications on him with this, do you know ? ;-)

• @BiancaNeve said:

@cretakano said:

Try Omni mode,

@jimpavloff said:

@cretakano said:

Set Midi Mode setting in GR to "Omni" to be able to control only one selected Part.

Ah thanks guys, omni mode was the first thing I tried but didn't have keys mode selected on the app .

OP-1 and GR-16 is a great combo!

• @jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:
    @jimpavloff Seems that when I export patterns the "export to Files App" is not there and in GR the pop up screen that used to say "can view export in itunesin GR Documents" is no longer appearing. I had to press copy and paste ios icon " then paste into the Grooverider folder in file app to make it available in itunes- am i doing it wrong - ?

You no longer need to deal with iTunes. Instead, it will show you a share sheet with many options.

@jimpavloff Yes I got the share sheet - is files app an option on the iOS share sheet?
    I can't see it - can you re implement iTunes File Transfer - the share sheet it seems is mainly online applications - if theres no internet and need to transfer. i.e on an aeroplane/etc.

• @stormbeats said:

• is files app an option on the iOS share sheet?

Yes it is...

• @stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Yes I got the share sheet - is files app an option on the iOS share sheet?
    I can't see it - can you re implement iTunes File Transfer - the share sheet it seems is mainly online applications - if theres no internet and need to transfer. i.e on an aeroplane/etc.

@jimpavloff Need to re add back iTunes File Transfer - it was a good decision you made in the first version

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

Yes it is...

@samu thanks on my ipad air2 ios 11.2.1 couldnt see that icon will re check
    is there a setting in ios general setting

• @stormbeats said:

@Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

Yes it is...

ok i had to do settings - mus have changed when i upgraded ios

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff said:

@stormbeats said:

@jimpavloff Need to re add back iTunes File Transfer - it was a good decision you made in the first version

@jimpavloff my mistake the ios upgrade had Files switched off by default -

• @stormbeats said:

You might need to 'scroll' the bottom pane in case you have many apps installed.
    (They can be 're-arranged' with the three dot (more) option at the end of the horizontal list).

You can save the exports / files in the Groove Rider folder in case you need to use iTunes for file transfer...

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

You might need to 'scroll' the bottom pane in case you have many apps installed.
    (They can be 're-arranged' with the three dot (more) option at the end of the horizontal list).

You can save the exports / files in the Groove Rider folder in case you need to use iTunes for file transfer...

@samu Cheers - yep thats what I do - got to leave out now for a dj gig but in meantime is there a Grooverider option in the ios share panel?
    Thanks in advance

• @stormbeats said:

@samu Cheers - yep thats what I do - got to leave out now for a dj gig but in meantime is there a Grooverider option in the ios share panel?

Yes there is. You can use the share sheet in other apps and send the files to GrooveRider...

• By the way there’s a tip/feature missing from the manual regarding erase mode. You can play the erase button AND the scale pad simultaneously for what amounts to an “erase AND replace” mode

Makes me wonder what would happen if perhaps shift + erase engaged a mode where you could play the keys/chords/scale pad and each key press could simultaneously engage the erase function and record the notes being pressed. This would free up a hand and i assume would be more accurate for punch in erase and replace than trying to play the erase pad in perfect sync with the scale pad.

However I’m just happy as hell that it’s there to begin with. Feel like it could use a mention in the manual as it’s a very fun and useful feature

• @anickt said:

@bcrichards said:

@bcrichards said:

Swipe up and down to zoom in and out. Use Shift to gear down.

This takes care of most of the issues I was having. I would still prefer the ability to touch and drag slice points but this a fine solution. Thanks Jim and anickt.

• I haven’t played with this much since before the last couple of updates, which seem to be massive since I’m lost again. ;)

Having said that, it looks like the changes and additions are pretty cool.

Last night I just stumbled around and had something more or less interesting going without knowing how I got there. Tonight I ventured back in and got lost for about an hour and also liked where I was going.

Starting to think that with this app, it’s not really crucial to completely understand the entire interface to get terrific stuff and just... well... have fun. :)

I plan on eventually knowing this interface completely, but I may wait until the updates, changes, and additions to subside/settle a bit first. Until then, I think I’ll just keep getting lost and sometimes lucky in this app... while having a little fun in the process. Glad I picked this one up.

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:

Yes there is. You can use the share sheet in other apps and send the files to GrooveRider...

@samu - cool thanks for info